Friday, August 2, 2019

TAKORADI: Police retrieve human parts buried behind Takoradi girls kidnapper’s house

TAKORADI: Police retrieve human parts buried behind Takoradi girls kidnapper’s house

Police investigating the three Takoradi kidnapped girls have retrieved human parts from a sewage system behind the house of the accused suspect Sam Udoetuk Wills who lived at Kansaworodo in Takoradi.

The Police reportedly retrieved the body parts around 2 pm on Friday.
Citi News‘ Western Regional Correspondent, Akwasi Agyei Annim reported that: “I got information around 7pm that the police, have gotten some lead into the whereabouts of the girls and they retrieved some body parts somewhere around the vicinity of the house of Sam Udoetuk Wills, the accused person behind the disappearance of the three Takoradi girls.”
“We saw about seven cars belonging to the Police and a water tanker belonging to the Prison Service all parked by the road beside the very house were were told Udoetuk Wills was staying. Upon checking the house, we saw about four septic tanks that were opened by the police and eyewitnesses told us that they saw the police removing things out of it.”
An eyewitness who spoke to Citi Newssaid: “In the afternoon we saw some CID personnel around and around 5pm we saw the Regional Police Commander and his team including the kidnapper entering the house. Yes, I can confirm this is the very house where the suspect was living. We used to see him around.

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

WAEC Releases WASSCE 2019 Results. Check Your Results Here

WAEC Releases WASSCE 2019 Results. Check Your Results Here


The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has released provisional results for the 2018 West Africa Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE).




A statement signed by Agnes Teye-Cudjoe, Head of Public Affairs at WAEC, said the Council will soon despatch the results to the schools and candidates are advised to contact their heads of school for their results

WAEC said though it is in the process of dispatching the results to the various candidates “those who desire, may access their results at the Council’s website.”

The council is alerting members of the public especially candidates to be ware of impostors who promise to change examination results for a fee.

Click HERE to check

Sunday, January 13, 2019

MENZGOLD'S NANA APPIAH MENSAH (NAM1) ARRESTED IN DUBAI

MENZGOLD'S NANA APPIAH MENSAH (NAM1) ARRESTED IN DUBAI


NANA APPIAH MENSAH IS UNDER ARREST


Nana Appiah Mensah, chief executive of Menzgold, the self-styled gold dealership at the centre of heated controversy since its collapse in September last year, has been arrested in Dubai.

Nana Appiah Mensah, chief executive of Menzgold, the self-styled gold dealership at the centre of heated controversy since its collapse in September last year, has been arrested in Dubai.

A warrant for his arrest was issued by a circuit court on 9 January after he failed to pay back monies owed to investors in his failed company.

The government of Ghana had exerted huge pressure on the law-enforcement agencies and financial regulators to bring the failed company boss to book

The Daily Statesman has confirmed through sources inside Interpol that the fugitive boss, popularly known as NAM1, was arrested following a complaint by a gold dealer who alleges that he has been duped by the Ghanaian.

The Economic and Organised Crimes Organisation (EOCO) had been investigating Appiah Mensah before he jumped bail conditions set by the Bureau of National Investigations. EOCO has confirmed that it has established contact with the detainee in Dubai.

Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Menzgold ordered to shut down trading immediately

Menzgold ordered to shut down trading immediately

The Securities and Exchange Commission has ordered gold trading firm, Menzgold Ghana Limited, to suspend their operations with the public with immediate effect.




In a letter dated September 7, SEC said it has thoroughly investigated the activities of Menzgold and has found that, the Nana Appiah Mensah-owned firm does not have the license to trade in gold collectibles from the public.

The statement explained that interactions with representatives of Menzgold confirmed to SEC the view that the aspect of Menzgold’s business which involves purchase and deposit of gold collectibles and guaranteed returns is a capital market activity under Act 929 without a valid license issued by SEC which contravenes the law.

The statement added that subsequent requests have been made by SEC to Menzgold’s lawyers to furnish SEC with specific detailed information on the operations of the firm.

Sunday, August 26, 2018

I was offered $150,000 to satisfy them - Princess Shyngle

I was offered $150,000 to satisfy them - Princess Shyngle


          Ghanaian based Gambian actress Princess Shyngle disclosed in an interview with Delay ( Deloris Frimpong-Manso) that she was in a romantic relationship with Michael Essien for  a year. According to her, she was not aware of the fact that Essien, who is a Ghanaian footballer, was married with two children.

"I had no reason to ask him because I never saw a wedding ring on his finger and there was obviously no pictures of him and any woman on his social media so I assumed he was a single man"
          The voluptuous actress claims to have broken things off after being contacted by a number of people who revealed Essien's  married status to her after she was spotted getting intimate with him in public.

"We were out in public which was a dumb move and I got contacted by some people that he was married and then I decided to google and I found out that he was  married.

          In the same interview on The Delay Show, she revealed the reason why she ended her relationship with musician D-Black whom she dated for two years , stating that he was chronically unfaithful to her.

          Princess Shyngle also addressed questions about her body and stated that she has never had any surgical procedure to attain her tiny waist which she is popular for and claims that her physique is a result of consistent waist training (which she has been doing since 2014) and dieting.

          She admitted to Delay that is aware of the fact that some men see her as a sex object and revealed to her that she recently rejected $150k for sex from a man who contacted her on Instagram.

          When asked about a recent statement she made that men who do not have money shouldn't contact her,  the actress  expressed that she is tired of dating men who do not take care of her needs and she's only looking for a partner that will take provide her all her needs because she believes that the duty of every man is to provide for his woman.

Saturday, August 18, 2018

Former UN Secretary General Kofi Annan is dead

Former UN Secretary General Kofi Annan is dead

Mr. Annan is said to have died in Switzerland, Saturday morning after a short illness.

He was 80 years old.
Kofi Annan served as the seventh Secretary-General of the United Nations from January 1997 to December 2006.
He was founder and Chairman of the Kofi Annan Foundation.

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Breaking News: Mensa Otabil speaks on Capital Bank collapse

Breaking News: Mensa Otabil speaks on Capital Bank collapse



The full statement is published below.

Re: Capital Bank And Related Matters

Greetings!

1. I have observed with concern, the ongoing media discussions regarding developments in the Banking Sector and my role either directly or indirectly.

2. I accepted to be Board Chairman of Capital Bank in a bid to help strengthen a promising Ghanaian enterprise that had potential but also challenges. I was excited about the prospects of a young man from a disadvantaged background who was daring to create opportunities and employment.

3. My position was a non-executive role. I was therefore not involved in the day-to-day management and operations of the Bank.

4. In the course of time, some decisions made turned out well while some did not turn out as well as had been anticipated. As far as I can tell, everything was done with the best of intentions and the interest of various stakeholders in mind.

5. My foremost concern, as has been the case over the past year, is for the well-being of those who lost their jobs and those who may have been adversely affected in any way as a result of these developments. My heart goes out to them and to their dependents. I continue to pray for God’s guidance and sustenance as they navigate the course of their lives.

6. Since the takeover of the bank exactly a year ago today, various mandated state institutions have been investigating and working to arrive at a comprehensive understanding of what happened, why it happened and who was responsible for what. I have been invited by EOCO and I have submitted myself to their processes and answered all their questions faithfully.

7. For some time now, many discussion platforms have made varied references to me and to my perceived role. Some have reached out to me for clarifications regarding issues that have been raised. I have preferred not to respond in the public domain, not as an admission of guilt, but out of respect for the due process and the ongoing investigations.

8. Notwithstanding some unforeseen outcomes, I remain resolute in my belief in the Ghanaian and African entrepreneurial spirit. I will therefore continue to lend my support and mentorship to inspire others who dare to dream and work towards the promise of Africa’s growth and transformation.

9. Meanwhile, as a believer in the rule of law, I will continue to cooperate with the mandated institutions of state as they complete their investigations. I am confident that in the process, the national interest and the rights of all parties involved will be protected.

Shalom, peace and life to you.



Signed, Pastor Mensa Otabil. 14th August, 2018.